7 STORY PICKS FOR THE WEEK OF February 6, 2018
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- NPR’s Weekend Edition co-host Scott Simon is a seasoned journalist and storyteller. You should watch his 3 minute video on how to tell a story.
- Brands that use storytelling engage customers in a meaningful way. Entrepreneurs and sisters Danielle and Jodie Snyder offer 5 helpful storytelling strategies for creating a lifestyle brand.
- This week, we couldn’t stop watching these explainer videos from Earworm. They combine technological history, cultural commentary, and totally rad tunes (think Genesis and Prince).
- Have you seen those compelling Wealthsimple ads? Our Audience Development Manager, Lauren Cheal, breaks down the story this company is telling, and why it’s working.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Alex Tizon wrote a story about Eudocia (Lola) Tomas Pulido, the woman who raised him. Lola was his family’s slave, and the story is complex, emotional, frustrating, and controversial.
- Here’s how to write a business blog people actually want to read.
- Phew. We made it through January. Let’s rejoice with 50 uplifting images from 2017.