7 STORY PICKS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- DON’T PANIC. Elon Musk sent a Tesla (and a Starman) into space this week. For The Atlantic, the achievement signals a shift in the spaceflight business. It’s also a darned good brand story.
- What is multi-platform storytelling? Our Director of Content Strategy, Shannon Emmerson, is happy to walk you through it, and provides some great examples you can learn from.
- Comedian Paul Scheer recently learned a valuable (and time-worn) lesson. Never judge a book by its cover.
- If your company has a big anniversary coming up, don’t miss the opportunity to celebrate it through story. Here are 8 examples of excellent anniversary storytelling to inspire you.
- Great stories are bracingly honest. An excellent example: this confession, from a man who ‘accidentally built yet another bro-centered tech company.’
- What are your career development goals for 2018? Jon Westenberg thinks that improving your storytelling skills should be at the top of the list. We wholeheartedly agree.
- The Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are underway, and we can’t wait to dive into the stories that will emerge. Previous games have given rise to moving stories like this one about decorated Canadian weightlifter Christine Girard, from the National Film Board of Canada.