7 Story Picks for the week of September 25, 2017
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- After 20 years in flight, the spacecraft Cassini crashed last week. Vox catalogued Cassini’s most incredible images from its journey to the rings of Saturn and beyond.
- A great biography gives you a feel for the person through story. Here’s the intense biography of Olive Yang, a female warlord and opium trade route commander, by New York Times writer Gabrielle Paluch.
- The investment management company Wealthsimple recently caught our Audience Development Manager’s eye with their outstanding content marketing. Here’s how they did it.
- We believe in the power of writing to change the world. Benjamin P. Hardy believes in the power of writing (and journalling, specifically) to change your world.
- Flowing Data presents a fascinating cultural and sociological snap-shot of the changing landscape of gendered work over time, and a great use of illustration to communicate complex data.
- Have a company anniversary coming up? Josh Oliveira catalogued four examples of anniversary campaigns that make the most of the occasion.
- Looking for tips on how to be a great storyteller? Check out this personal and surprising tale from the researcher behind the BRCA1 cancer gene project.