7 STORY PICKS FOR THE WEEK OF March 12, 2018
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- Meet Victoria Moore, aka Victoria Deck’em, and other athletes who are promoting female empowerment and standing up for Indigenous people.
- Emily Mohn-Slate feels out of place in her own body. The honest story she tells about her experience demands empathy from anyone who reads it.
- McDonald’s flipped its arches upside down to honour the group of people who hold 60% of their managerial positions.
- Ada Calhoun describes a new kind of midlife crisis with great compassion.
- There’s no shortage of inspiring stories being told on Instagram this week. Check out #InternationalWomensDay for over 4 million stories (and counting). This post, this one, and this one are but a small sample.
- This week, Arc’teryx celebrated boundary-pushing mountain guides and athletes with inspiring stories and jaw-dropping photos.
- Canadians will soon be able to look into their wallets and see a $10 bill picturing civil rights icon Viola Desmond. Hear, hear.