I try to describe things in ways that make them come across as they really are and tweak other people’s writing in ways that make it clearer.
A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. LeGuin
Complications ensued, to no discernible end.
- Professional writer since the age of 18
- Published in Saturday Night, the Toronto Star, the Chicago Tribune, Canadian Living, and Vancouver magazine, among many others
- Winner of two National Magazine Awards (for a co-authored article) and two-time finalist at the Western Magazine Awards
- Third-place winner of ARC’s international poetry contest for “How to Win at Rummy”
- Winner of the Children’s Literature Association Graduate Essay prize for “The Boondocks and the Symbolic Frontier”
- Self-published author of children’s picture book Denumb Your Bum!
- Songwriter and singer
- PhD in biophilia and sociobiology in children’s literature
That I will end up having lived someone else’s life.