7 Story Picks for the Week of November 20, 2017
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- The Wall Street Journal published an article this week about the power of memoir. We’re very much on board with writer Lisa Ward’s take that cataloguing life helps us make sense of it.
- The founder of 1-800-GOT-JUNK (and a friend of ECHO’s, Brian Scudamore) recently told The Globe and Mail why he firmly believes that relationships should trump transactions. We wholeheartedly agree.
- No, really. We wholeheartedly agree that relationship should trump transaction.
- Renowned storytelling expert Robert McKee has a message: marketing is out. Brand storytelling is in.
- What is a brand story, and why does your company need one? We’re glad you asked.
- Activist, critic, teacher, and writer Susan Sontag had much to say about storytelling (and life). Here’s a nicely summarized look at the wisdom and advice Sontag had on both topics from Maria Popova of Brain Pickings.
- Turn off all of your notifications to start your day. You won’t miss them.