7 STORY PICKS FOR THE WEEK OF January 15, 2018
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- In the 1970s, an educational reformer wanted to produce media that didn’t underestimate children. A.J. O’Connell chronicles the history of Cricket Magazine, a publishing project that inspired a generation.
- Whether it’s Jeff Bezos or Steve Jobs, the story that a leader tells in response to a crisis can make or break the future of the business. Our Audience Development Manager Lauren Cheal catalogues 6 examples of successful brand storytelling in the face of crisis.
- NPR’s Linda Holmes makes the strong case for intentional inclusivity in the creative process, because everything you make is an engine.
- Brands that excel at social media production make us very happy. Check out the @MoonPie Twitter account for one example a of how to elevate the form.
- Your employer brand matters. Here’s why.
- “She lived a baseball life.” Read this moving obituary for Mamie “Peanut” Johnson, one of three women to play professional baseball in the Negro Leagues.
- We loved sharing stories with you in 2017. Here’s a roundup of your favourites.