7 Story Picks for the Week of November 27, 2017
Each week, we curate a list of story-driven projects, videos, and articles and share them with our community in a digest email. Below are the story picks for this week. If you are interested in receiving these links in an email, we’d love to have you to join our newsletter. Sign up here.
- As our American friends tuck into Thanksgiving leftovers, here’s an interesting piece from The Takeout on the role an 1850s magazine editor played in creating the Thanksgiving traditions that carry on.
- Artists tell great stories through various media. Rebecca Pahle of Racked documents the story of one of cinema’s particularly dramatic garments—the cape.
- Our Story Director, John Burns, makes the business case for honest storytelling.
- Author Oliver Jeffers’ new book, Here We Are, looks rather beautiful. Here is Oliver telling the story of how the book came to be.
- Want to tell a great story? Here are 5 tips from us to you.
- Andrea Battleground of The AV Club catalogues how Judy Garland’s performance of “The Man That Got Away” in A Star Is Born is a masterclass in storytelling through song.
- This is too cute not to share.